Prepare a special diner at home, just for the two of you. The dinner can be as nice as you prefer. Focus this time
on getting to know your spouse better, perhaps in areas you've rarely talked about.
Determine to make it an enjoyable evening for you and your mate.
What did you learn about your spouse that you didn't know before?
How could you continue this process of discovery in other ways, at other times.
What were some of the moments that made this evening memorable?
I prepared the dinner, it was something she didn't want at that time, and it made me feel like I wasted my efforts.
She apologized for he mood, and salvaged the dinner.
Since I had to "work" my second job, the time was limited to an extent, but we had plenty of time to enjoy our dinner and talk. I want to thing I know my beautiful bride completely, I don't always understand some things she does, and thinks. But I still love her just the same.
Sometime when I get angry with her, I feel I can't tell her without creating a fight, by saying sorry baby, that not right, so I let her rock on. Then when she finds out that I was right its like why didn't you tell me?
Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
I know I am not always right. If I am wrong I will so say so.
If I don't know, I will find out what is right, not to prove her wrong because I feel that is demeaning to her, and insulted her intelligence.
I have done it in the past, and I didn't like the vibe between us.
I would like to figure it out together, instead of creating an argument, and then saying you were right, why did I doubt you?
Love should always be like that...never doubt their love, and devotion to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I still think it's cool how Tim Married us with a Shakespeare book with his notes for our vows and no one noticed but me. Another thing I love is Shakespeare. When I read your last line I figured, I'd share one of my favorite verses with you.
ReplyDelete"Doubt that the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.
and love isn't about finding out who is right or wrong.
ReplyDeletewe can agree to disagree on that.
=)
I LOVE YOU!
I know, but I should have the right, when I know I'm right to prove it so.
ReplyDeleteBecause you are always adamant about being right.
Its one of those quirks.
PS...
ReplyDeleteI love you too!
PS...
ReplyDeleteREMEMBER THE CHALLENGE....
love lets the other win...
lol
and I love you too!