Love Dare Day 23
Today's Dare ::: Remove anything that is hindering your relationship, any addiction or influence that is stealing your affections and turning your heart away from your spouse. Unfortunately your marriage has enemies! Yes, enemies. You need to protect yourself and your marriage from those enemies!They come in forms of many shapes and sizes and use different strategies, but nonetheless they still conspire to destroy your marriage, unless you know how to ward them off and protect them. They are, harmful influences, unhealthy relationships, shame, parasites, addictions.
Heather will be the first to say its my music. I'm sorry but that is not an addiction or an influence.
Its a God given talent, and I still don't practice near enough. You don't get any better if you don't practice.
So far as the gigs go, yeah it does take some off time from us. Plus after that kind of weekend we sleep all day Saturday, and Sunday recovering. If we removed one element, we wouldn't have to "recover".
I'd rather give up drinking, before I gave up any music.
Just a few weeks ago I made the statement about personal time and space. I don't get any.
I get quiet time in the morning when she sleeps in. I am quiet so I don't wake her.
I guess I should go to the studio and practice with head phone while she sleeps.
Then I could kill two birds with one stone. Personal time, and practice.
In retrospect, Our relation hip is not bad in comparison to others.
Thinking about our problems it may seem serious. Any problems in a relationship can be, its all on how you react to it, to one another, and how you treat one another, but all in all its mole hill vs a mound.
I'm sure she thinks its bad, where I think its not so bad.
I feel like I am being pressure into doing something I don't want to do. Stop playing music.
She says Oh no you don't have to stop when she is really saying the opposite.
She gives up something I thought she loved doing...365 challenge, expecting me to do the same.
I'll give up something, I'm not perfect. I need to quit smoking something serious.
I drink, but I don't have a problem with it. I think me remaining calm has helped alot. I am happy she is working on her temper. She has a ways to go with being patient. I think she learned something today about how to remain calm when you really want to go off.
She did good.
It would be best if we both quit smoking, and drinking. Man could we save a pile of money.
Paris France here we come?
About letting the other win? Ummm if you wrong you are wrong, the loser should always concede.
If you are not sure about the accuracy of your knowledge, or you really don't know, there shouldn't be an argument. That what the internet is for. Instead of arguing, go to the internet get the facts. LOL!
I <3 my beautiful bride!

You mention your personal time, okay...
ReplyDeleteyour personal time is,
you go with the guys to load and unload music equipment.
you have band practice with the guys on church night
you have four hour gigs where you do what you love to do on stage
that to me is your personal time.
you would have more personal time if
gigs were not as often as they have been
practice isn't as often with the band
and time wasn't spent recouperating from the weekends music adventures.
It's fun, it's your talent, but it takes up too much of your personal time and time you can spend with me, and time you can spend at church with me.
I'm not asking that you give it up.
I'm asking that is slows DOWN.
I've been praying on it for a while.
Your back and sleeping issues won't get any better unless something gives from all of the above.
Love letting the other win is not about marking an L or a W and keeping score. Sometimes in certain situations you don't point out the other is wrong. Sometimes you say yes honey you are right. I have said that to you plenty of times before the dare pointed this out to us.
ReplyDelete